The self-portraits below are of the children who were sponsored this year at El Centro de Amistad y Apoyo. Check back at the end of 2017 to get more information on how you can be a part of Christmas at The Center!
- The cow who had just been shot: a tale of a home visit June 19, 2017Ok, so now that I have you reading, the cow wasn't shot with a gun, but rather given a shot by a vet. And it wasn't a cow, it was a bull. A very grumpy bull. Who was feeling rather cross after his not-so-pleasant shot with a big, thick needle. And then I came to visit and sat down on a rock within the reach of the bull on its tether.As I sat, t […]
- Reading Buddies 2 June 15, 2017I know, I know. I already posted about Reading Buddies last year, but it was such a beautiful time this last Friday that I can't help myself.Usually when the kids are outside, they can't resist playing on the playground and play equipment. Last Friday, almost the entire Center was quietly reading outside! Some were even reading on the play equip […]
- A wildflower bouquet April 19, 2017Over Easter weekend, I went on a camping trip with a friend of mine. We saw SO many beautiful flowers and vegetation that I wanted to share. Here are just some of them!Beka and I during our camping trip
- A high altitude adventure April 10, 2017The middle of March was my first road trip with the new car. I was hesitantly optimistic, but kept waiting for something to go wrong. Nothing did. At least nothing major. We made it all the way to La Paz (one of Bolivia's two capitals) without any breakdowns. What a different way to experience Bolivia! A few hours into the trip, we stopped at some […]
- Campamento: also known as the weekend of NO sleep! December 12, 2016This year, we had our first ever weekend camp at The Center to end our year together. Almost 70 of our 80 kids at The Center came, and it was a whopping success, despite exhausted volunteers and Center staff:) The theme of the camp was "Knowing Jesus", and I think lots of the kids came away with a deeper understanding of who He is and His love f […]
- The cow who had just been shot: a tale of a home visit June 19, 2017