El Centro de Amistad y Apoyo (Center for Friendship and Support) works with disadvantaged children in Cochabamba, Bolivia. We reach kids with the hope of Christ through after-school activities and homework help. Help us break the cycle of poverty for Bolivian children by volunteering or supporting the new Center building.
- Flores de Potosí... y mucho más March 16, 2015At the beginning of January, I went to Potosí again (a mainly rural, mountainous department of Bolivia). Most of these pictures speak for themselves. I can't take credit for most of them; there were some excellent photographers on the trip. I enjoyed, though, taking pictures of the mountain wildflowers I saw and learning their names.carteritas or p […]
- Christmas, the Bolivian way December 29, 2014Christmas in Bolivia is always a challenge. Tank top weather and palm trees, no matter how hard I try, will never help me "get in the spirit" of Christmas. We tried going to one of the main plazas a few days before Christmas to see the lights, but the magic was overrun with gimmicky Santa hats, high-pitched Christmas toys and WAY too many people. […]
- Flexible Family Fun! (as we say in my family...) December 15, 2014greeting Poppy at the airportFrom washing clothes to playing in the sandbox, my dad's visit made our daily chores and activities more rich. Matias was beyond thrilled to have almost 2 weeks with his Poppy.My dad and Matias came up to my work one day (courtesy of our newly working car!)My students promptly gathered 'round to teach Matias how to col […]
- The joys of owning a car November 3, 2014Oh, the joys of owning a car... Now I remember why I waited 6 years to buy one here in Bolivia! So far, everything that could go wrong, has. Parking ticket, run out of gas, flat tire, motor won't start, car at the mechanic's for 2 months... the list goes on and on. A flat tire isn't normally a big deal. I've known how to change one pr […]
- Matias en los EEUU September 9, 2014I know, I know. I need to stop blogging and writing so much about my nephew. But I can't help it. I love him so much and am grateful every day for the time I get to spend with him.A mwaa for Nanaand a mwaa for PapiI was flying into Denver from Spokane, Washington the same day Collin and Matias flew in from Bolivia, so I got to meet them at the gate. […]
- Flores de Potosí... y mucho más March 16, 2015