El Centro de Amistad y Apoyo (Center for Friendship and Support) works with disadvantaged children in Cochabamba, Bolivia. We reach kids with the hope of Christ through after-school activities and homework help. Help us break the cycle of poverty for Bolivian children by volunteering or supporting the new Center building.
- A Matias update March 20, 2014playing in the sandbox at our houseMatias is my favorite nephew. Sure, he's also my only nephew, but he's also my favorite:) My return to Bolivia has been good, and one of the biggest bright spots has been time spent with my nephew.A week after I got back, Collin and I took Matias up the mountain a little ways to build a campfire and roast marshm […]
- Two are better than one (Ecc 4:9a) January 27, 2014One of the richest pieces of coming home has been time with family and friends. I've been buoyed up and supported by so many dear, dear friends. These are pictures of only a few of those who have deeply touched me. I am so grateful.Jessica is a good friend from high school and has been my personal cheerleader while I've been overseas. She even […]
- A Heart Divided: the tension of 2 homes November 22, 2013This is the longest I've been away from Bolivia in the 5 and a half years I've lived there. And this was the hardest it's ever been to come home to the States. Not because I didn't want to be here. I do! But this time I left behind so much more...I miss the incredible outdoors in the Andes and the exotic new places to explore. The st […]
- Matias! October 29, 2013family photo at Plaza ColónMy nephew Matias is one of the brightest spots in my life. I just can't help but share that bright spot with everyone!making sounds for the pictures Humberto drewhiking at Q'omerqhochaLiz, one of the neighbor kids, took this picturenot so excited about breakfastLaundry time on the terrazareading about cars and trucks and […]
- Untitled August 9, 2013I don't have anything profound to write about my recent hike on the edge of the Andean-jungle border. Nothing amazing happened on the backpack, and I didn't come to any deep realizations. But I did get to see some amazing country on the drive there, and the vegetation in the jungle was pretty spectacular. Here are some snippets of beauty we saw: […]
- A Matias update March 20, 2014