El Centro de Amistad y Apoyo (Center for Friendship and Support) works with disadvantaged children in Cochabamba, Bolivia. We reach kids with the hope of Christ through after-school activities and homework help. Help us break the cycle of poverty for Bolivian children by volunteering or supporting the new Center building.
- Matias en los EEUU September 9, 2014I know, I know. I need to stop blogging and writing so much about my nephew. But I can't help it. I love him so much and am grateful every day for the time I get to spend with him.A mwaa for Nanaand a mwaa for PapiI was flying into Denver from Spokane, Washington the same day Collin and Matias flew in from Bolivia, so I got to meet them at the gate. […]
- Things I Love About Bolivia (or, a lesson in giving thanks) April 29, 2014When I was in the States, going through college boxes to make more space for my parents in their basement, I came across a list I'd written almost 6 years ago when I first moved to Bolivia:Things I Love About Bolivia QuechuaTrufis (public transportation)Hot ChocolateElianSaturday MarketBeautiful Flower Bouquets Warmth of the Peoplethe Family @ Frutillar […]
- A Matias update March 20, 2014playing in the sandbox at our houseMatias is my favorite nephew. Sure, he's also my only nephew, but he's also my favorite:) My return to Bolivia has been good, and one of the biggest bright spots has been time spent with my nephew.A week after I got back, Collin and I took Matias up the mountain a little ways to build a campfire and roast marshm […]
- Two are better than one (Ecc 4:9a) January 27, 2014One of the richest pieces of coming home has been time with family and friends. I've been buoyed up and supported by so many dear, dear friends. These are pictures of only a few of those who have deeply touched me. I am so grateful.Jessica is a good friend from high school and has been my personal cheerleader while I've been overseas. She even […]
- A Heart Divided: the tension of 2 homes November 22, 2013This is the longest I've been away from Bolivia in the 5 and a half years I've lived there. And this was the hardest it's ever been to come home to the States. Not because I didn't want to be here. I do! But this time I left behind so much more...I miss the incredible outdoors in the Andes and the exotic new places to explore. The st […]
- Matias en los EEUU September 9, 2014