El Centro de Amistad y Apoyo (Center for Friendship and Support) works with disadvantaged children in Cochabamba, Bolivia. We reach kids with the hope of Christ through after-school activities and homework help. Help us break the cycle of poverty for Bolivian children by volunteering or supporting the new Center building.
- Winter camping... on the 4TH OF JULY! July 9, 2015On the 4th of July, we decided to take a 3 day camping trip as a family. It was my first day of winter vacation at The Center, and with Collin and Matias getting ready for their trip to the States, it was one of our last weekends to get out in the mountains. Since our car had been mostly working for a couple days, we decided to chance a drive into the remo […]
- For now, that's enough. May 27, 2015A couple Fridays ago at The Center, my 4th graders and I spent the afternoon doing different activities based on the book A Chair For My Mother. In the story, a little girl and her mother save all their coins in a jar so they can buy an armchair after everything they had is lost in a fire. Right after the fire, all their neighbors bring extra furniture, po […]
- Flores de Potosí... y mucho más March 16, 2015At the beginning of January, I went to Potosí again (a mainly rural, mountainous department of Bolivia). Most of these pictures speak for themselves. I can't take credit for most of them; there were some excellent photographers on the trip. I enjoyed, though, taking pictures of the mountain wildflowers I saw and learning their names.carteritas or p […]
- Christmas, the Bolivian way December 29, 2014Christmas in Bolivia is always a challenge. Tank top weather and palm trees, no matter how hard I try, will never help me "get in the spirit" of Christmas. We tried going to one of the main plazas a few days before Christmas to see the lights, but the magic was overrun with gimmicky Santa hats, high-pitched Christmas toys and WAY too many people. […]
- Flexible Family Fun! (as we say in my family...) December 15, 2014greeting Poppy at the airportFrom washing clothes to playing in the sandbox, my dad's visit made our daily chores and activities more rich. Matias was beyond thrilled to have almost 2 weeks with his Poppy.My dad and Matias came up to my work one day (courtesy of our newly working car!)My students promptly gathered 'round to teach Matias how to col […]
- Winter camping... on the 4TH OF JULY! July 9, 2015